Topology Seminar W08
This seminar is held on Tuesdays at 11am in 210 Deady.
Winter Quarter, 2008
- January 10 – Ismar Volic – Wellesley College.
Rational formality of embedding spaces.
Note special day, time and place (3pm in Deady 208).
Volic will give a Basic Notions seminar on formality of configuration spaces and Kontsevich integration following this talk.
- January 17 – Ryan Budney – University of Victoria.
Which 3-manifolds admit smooth embeddings in R4?
Note special day, time and place (4pm in Deady 208).
- January 22 – No seminar.
- January 29 – Dan Dugger – University of Oregon.
Elliptic cohomology and derived algebraic geometry.
- February 5 – Arkady Vaintrob – University of Oregon.
Teichmuller spaces and orbifolds.
- February 12 – No seminar this week.
- February 19 – Dev Sinha – University of Oregon.
Graph cohomology and natural differential operators.
- February 26 – Sergey Yuzvinsky – University of Oregon.
Formality of arrangement complements and combinatorics.
- March 4 – No seminar.
- March 11 – Chad Giusti – University of Oregon.
Towards a new combinatorial model for knot theory.