Topology Seminar 2013
This seminar is held on Tuesdays at 3pm in 210 Deady.
Fall Quarter, 2012
- October 23 – Organizational meeting.
- October 30 – Dev Sinha (UO)
The geometry of Mumford classes in the cohomology of mapping class groups.
- November 6 – Soren Galatius (Stanford University)
Homological stability for diffeomorphism groups.
- November 13 – David Spivak (MIT)
Operads in computer programs and brains.
- November 20 – Deb Vicinsky (UO)
The derivatives of the identity functor on DGL.
- November 27 – No seminar.
- December 1-2 – Hosting the Cascade Topology Seminar
- December 4 – David Ayala (CalTech)
The Ran complex and Theta_n
Winter Quarter, 2013
- January 15 – Bill Goldman (University of Maryland)
Complete affine 3-manifolds, Lorentzian and hyperbolic geometry
- February 5 – Nathan Perlmutter (UO)
Cobordism categories of manifolds with singularities
- February 12 – Organizational meeting to discuss paper reading series.
- February 19 – Dev Sinha (UO)
The Atiyah completion theorem
- February 26 – Dan Dugger (UO)
The statement of the Segal Conjecture
- March 5 – Hal Sadofsky (UO)
Lin’s theorem as a statement about Ext groups
- March 12 – Ivan Horozov (Washington Univ. St. Louis)
Reciprocity laws on algebraic varieties via iterated integrals.
- March 15 – Johannes Ebert
Characteristic classes for higher Torelli groups.
- March 19 – Hal Sadofsky (UO)
The proof of the Ext version of Lin’s theorem.
Spring Quarter, 2013
- April 9 – Dan Dugger (UO)
An introduction to equivariant (stable) homotopy theory.