Geometric Analysis Seminar
The geometric analysis seminar is held on Tuesdays at 11am in 210 Deady Hall.
Fall Quarter, 2019
- October 15, Eric Bahuad (Seattle University)
Geometrically Finite Asymptotically Hyperbolic Einstein metrics
- October 22, Liviu Nicolaescu (University of Notre Dame)
A probabilistic proof of the Gauss-Bonnet-Chern theorem
- October 29, Paul Allen (Lewis and Clark)
Boundary Resolution for the Singular Yamabe Problem
- November 12, Matthew Gursky (Notre Dame)
Gap and index estimates for some conformally invariant problems in dimensions 2 and 4Abstract: In this talk I want to discuss sharp ‘gap’ estimates for the energy of Yang-Mills connections in 4-d, and the related question of the energy of harmonic two-spheres. I will also talk about index estimates for Yang-Mills connections and Einstein metrics in 4-d.
- November 19, Peng Lu (UO)
Monotonicity of functionals for conformal Ricci flow
- December 3, Julie Rowlett (Chalmers University)
When does a domain have a complete set of trigonometric eigenfunctions for the Laplace eigenvalue equation?