Algebra Seminar 2005
This seminar is held on Tuesdays at 4pm in 210 Deady.
Fall Quarter, 2005
- September 27 – Arkady Berenstein – University of Oregon.
From crystal bases to geometric crystals
- October 4 – Sebastian Zwicknagl – University of Oregon.
Braided symmetric and exterior algebras II: Flat modules and Poisson structures
- November 1 – Jonathan Brundan – University of Oregon.
Good grading polytopes
- November 10, Thursday, 4pm, Deady 210 (note the unusual time!) –
Pavel Etingof – MIT.
Central extensions of preprojective algebras of Dynkin quivers, quantum Heisenberg algebras, and Hecke algebras of 2-dimensional complex reflection groups
- November 29, – Dan Dugger – University of Oregon.
Introduction to Motivic Cohomology
Winter Quarter, 2006
- February 7, – Victor Ostrik – University of Oregon.
Simple modules over a semisimple Lie algebra in prime characteristic (after Bezrukavnikov, Mirkovic and Rumynin)
- February 28, – Dev Sinha – University of Oregon.
Duality between Lie and commutative algebras, revisited
- March 7, – Brad Shelton – University of Oregon.
PBW deformations of graded algebras
- March 14, – Greg Landweber – University of Oregon.
Off-shell supersymmetry and filtered Clifford supermodules
Spring Quarter, 2006
- April 11, – Sebastian Zwicknagl – University of Oregon.
Deformations of Symmetric Module-Algebras
- April 18, – Weiqiang Wang – University of Virginia.
A new class of double affine Hecke algebras associated to the spin symmetric groups
- April 25, – Jonathan Brundan – University of Oregon.
Schur-Weyl duality for higher levels (again)
- May 2, – William Kantor – University of Oregon.
Presentations of finite simple groups
- May 9, – John Collins – University of Oregon.
Introduction to Stability Conditions
- May 16, – Gary Seitz – University of Oregon.
Unipotent and nilpotent classes in algebraic groups, finite groups of Lie type, and associated Lie algebras
- May 23, – Charles Curtis – University of Oregon.
Exponential sums and representations of finite groups of Lie type
- May 30, – Victor Ostrik – University of Oregon.
Asymptotic Hecke ring of a Weyl group
- June 6, – Jonathan Brundan – University of Oregon.
Combinatorial representation theory of the general linear supergroup