Conferences and Travel
Going to conferences, workshops, and other meetings can be a great way to learn about what kind of research is being done outside the University of Oregon. Summer schools (and other meetings with the word “school” in the title) are particularly valuable resources for graduate students. Many meetings have money specifically budgeted to fund graduate students, sometimes only for local expenses and sometimes for travel, as well. In addition to asking the organizers for funding, you can apply to the Travel Committee within our department.
To apply for travel funding, submit the following items to the Account Coordinator:
- Advisor Email Ask your advisor to send an email of support the Account Coordinator. If your advisor has grant money to support student travel, the email must address whether the grant will be used to support part or all of your trip.
- Complete and submit a Travel Committee Request Form. (Only if requesting travel committee funds. If your advisor has offered to cover the whole trip, please have them include that information in their statement of support.)
Make sure to sign the form before submitting it. After funding is approved, you will have to create a request in Concur. See the Account Coordinator for further instruction if it is your first time or you need a refresher.
Here are some links to various lists of meetings in mathematics.
Links for specific research areas
- Western Algebraic Geometry Seminar
- Upcoming conferences in algebraic geometry
- Number Theory Conferences, new and old
- Number Theory Web New Listings
- Representation theory of algebras
- SageDays and Sage Workshops
- Links to Combinatorial Conferences
- Algebraic Topology listserv
- Conferences and meetings on Topology and related topics
- Harmonic Analysis Conferences and Events