Application Deadline for Fall 2020: January 15, 2020
Note: We do not accept applications for terms other than fall.
Steps to Apply to the Mathematics Graduate Program:
- Submit an online application at https://gradweb.uoregon.edu/online-app/application/guidelines1.asp Materials you will have to submit with the online application include:
- Recommendations: Names and email addresses of three people who will write your recommendation letters. Letter writers will submit their recommendations directly through the online system.
- PDFs of transcripts from all colleges you have attended
- Statement of purpose
- Application fee of $70.00 for domestic students or $90.00 for international students.
- You must send official transcripts from every postsecondary institution from which you have earned a degree.. The mailing address is: Office of the Registrar, 5257 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403. If your degree is still in progress, you do not need to send the official transcript. If you are admitted, you will be required to submit the official transcript once the degree is conferred. For more information about official transcripts, please visit the Graduate School’s page.
- Recommended but not required: Submit general and Math Subject GRE scores to the University of Oregon using the Institution Code 4846.
- If applicable, submit TOEFL scores to the University. ETS should send the scores directly the University of Oregon. Our institution code is 4846.
To receive priority consideration, all materials must be received by the application deadline, January 15, 2020. However, we will continue to review applications until all positions are filled.
Application Fee and Changes to Your Application
We will not be able to see your application until you complete it and pay the $70 application fee. Before you pay the fee, you will be able to edit and update your application.
Once you pay the fee, you will no longer be able to do that, but you can communicate any important changes by email to our Graduate Coordinator, Jessica Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org). You should also contact Jessica if you are experiencing any other difficulties with the application, or have further questions.
Application Fee Waivers
Information on application fee waivers can be found at gradschool.uoregon.edu/applicationfeewaivers.